Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Is there a downside to taking a contractor to small claims

Customer Question

Is there a downside to taking a contractor to small claims court (other that the loss of your filing fee)?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today. No this is the way to seek to collect from the contractor involved.If the contractor is a LLC or a corporation you have to serve the registered agent for the corporation. As long as you do that you will be fine.The only risk is the filing fee and your time here. Locate the agent here. Office of the Secretary of StateBusiness Services Division1700 W Washington St Fl 7Phoenix AZ 85007-2808***-***-****1-***-***-**** Self help for small claims.. http://www.azcourts.gov/selfservicecenter/ I appreciate the chance to help you tonight. Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.