Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I know nothing of tenant rights in the state of PA.

Customer Question

Hello. I know nothing of tenant rights in the state of PA. My question is 2 fold. I really Ted the top floor of a house from the owner, not a corporation for $650.00.*
At the time of signing, she told both myself and my Pastor this fee stays $650.00, in the event I wanted a roommate, the cost would be spilt between us, she would not get involved. SECOND, I did bring home this roommate, a love interest. Not only did the rent jump $100.00, but he's not allowed to live with me, not because of any recent criminal activity, but a trespass dating back to 1986. Do I have a y recourse to tell thus woman she's being discriminatory and fight this?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you have a written lease or is it just an oral lease?
Does your roommate have an actual criminal record?