Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

What is the legal age in new jersey seasonal

Customer Question

what is the legal age for working in new jersey
seasonal employment
in ware house or
as a delivery helper on truck
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information and your question. Unfortunately, the law of NJ does not state in such a black and white manner what the age restrictions are in the terms you have chosen. Certainly any employee who is 18 years of age or older can engage in the employment tasks you mentioned. However, whether someone under 18 can is not as clear and very fact specific. You will need to read the statute (34:2-21.17.) at the following link since the type of duties versus manufacturing or not, are what count. It is a given though that no employee under 18 can work in a workplace that is considered "hazardous" by OSHA for safety reasons. Workers under 16 cannot work around or with "power-driven machinery." The restrictions, in regards ***** ***** type of work do not hinge on weather they are seasonal or not. The statute, and rest of law for the employment of minors, can be found at: https://lwd.state.nj.us/labor/wagehour/lawregs/child_labor_law.html#2215 Please let me know if you need any clarification after you have read the relevant statutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
You're very welcome
Hello again,
I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 9th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (in the pop up box for this question, which is how we get credit (paid) for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/
Thank you.