Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a neighor,that has 3 dogs and they like to bark late

Customer Question

I have a neighor,that has 3 dogs and they like to bark late hours like 1 to 3 oclok in the morng, I live in dekalb county TN. we have a city ordince we been to court 3 times, this last time he desides not to come. the only thing they can do is fine him,the judge said that the cant force him to get rid of the dogs or arest him.is there any way that state can take this over ,like get a state warrent out on him.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
There is no way that the county can take the dogs right now.
However, it sounds like this has only been undertaken as an ordinance violation. If someone in your situation was to sue in civil capacity, then if the neighbor fails to heed an injunction, there can be more options to silence the dogs.
Are you interested in knowing how to do this via civil court?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.