LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I have been sending money to Grace Gonzales and Elizabeth Peacemaker,

Customer Question

I have been sending money to Grace Gonzales and Elizabeth Peacemaker, Gonzales has an address as follows:*****, Cocoa, FL 32927; Elizabeth Peacemaker lives at*****, Stephens City, VA 22655. I am told by David Rose who claims to live in Panama, NY that these women won a sweepstakes and that I have won one also. The trouble is that I am told to send $8400.00 by no later than Friday, July 10. Can you find out for me if this is an honest Sweepstake or a fraud.
Thank you,.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. Do you recall entering a sweepstakes? How were you contacted? Why have you been sending these women money?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was called by David Rose to tell me that I won. I honestly don't remember if I entered any sweepstakes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 86 years old and live on a small pension and Social Security. I would like to think I won a lot of money but I am probably being scammed. That's what I'm hoping you can tell me before I send any more money.
Yes, this is a scam and please do not send anything. If you do not recall entering this and received a random call, you will lose whatever you send and not receive anything in return. They are preying on you and you are the exact target that they seek. You are an older person and have little income and hopes that you got lucky and will win all this money. Do not be fooled and do not send anything. Here is a link from the FTC, evidencing the same. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/shutting-down-sweepstakes-scam-sought-out-seniors Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. Thank you.
Is there anything else?