Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I was sold in from the health market and I have medicare They

Customer Question

I was sold in from the health market and I have medicare
They want to drop me but now that I know the f acts I'm willi.William night to drop medicare.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Signed up through the market place. He never said it was against the law to have the new insurance and medicare . Now that I have reached my out of did it become a problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It’s against the law for someone who knows that you have Medicare to sell you a Marketplace plan. You cannot have a marketplace plan and medicare. If you have medicare you are allowed to cancel a marketplace plan at no cost to you and they have to cancel the marketplace plan as you cannot have both the marketplace plan and medicare.
In order to recover anything you paid the marketplace, you have to prove they knew that you had medicare when you signed up for the marketplace plan, since the law says they should not have sold you that plan. If they knew, then you can file a complaint with medicare to see if they will assist you in recovering your money, minus anything the marketplace plan paid, and if they will not you have to sue the insurer in small claims court to recover your payments.