Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My husband passed away September 1 will be two years, in the

Customer Question

My husband passed away September 1 will be two years, in the small claims court show his cousin gets motorcycle because she paid more of the funeral. I still have the motorcycle in my position and she lives in Kansas. The last email I sent to her was over a year ago. What are my legal writes to take ownership
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
I would send her a new letter or email with your storage charges for the year and a half here.You decide what a reasonable amount it.Inform her you intend to dispose of it in 30 days if you do not receive payment for the storage amount.
This motorcycle has salvage value not sure if you will be able to get the title changed.You may resolve this if you threaten to sell it for scrap value to cover the fees.If you can get a release from the relative here and title for what you are owed that would the best outcome.If you have the legal title then it would be more valuable than just for scrap with no title here.
To me $100-$150 a month is reasonable amount for storage of a motorcycle.Add it up and send her a demand letter for this amount .
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.
I am sorry for your loss of spouse here as well.
I appreciate the