Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

We have been tighter,ten years, married five years. I am disable

Customer Question

We have been tighter,ten years, married five years. I am disable 68 years old, get ss check 841 a month, she makes 1900.00 a month, she I fifty nine years old, can I get any support from her
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What state? You have been actually married only 5 years?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Texas
Thank you for your reply.
Because you are disabled, under Texas law, a Texas court may require your spouse to pay you spousal maintenance (alimony) for an unlimited time. Under the Texas law, if there is evidence that one spouse has the need and inability to work based on their disability to provide for themselves, while the other spouse has the ability to pay, the court may award an amount of support that will be based on your needs, your spouse's ability to pay and considering the length of marriage, your ability to work, your expenses and your spouse's expenses post divorce.
Based on the limited information disclosed above, it is possible for you to claim spousal support from your spouse as part of a divorce action and the amount would be based on those numerous factors considered by the court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long before I get phone call that I have paid for, already for
Thank you for your reply.
You received a response above. You have only made a deposit, which is completely refundable.
I sincerely ***** ***** live phone calls, unlike in other sections on JustAnswer.com, can be deemed practice of law which is forbidden by state laws as we do not and cannot represent you in any legal matter. I would be happy to continue with you in this forum if you would like to use reply. Thank you for understanding.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Your previous expert had opted out and I have opted in.
Please let me know if you do see the "additional services" window along with this reply.