Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was a defendant in a a civil case. My employer got an airline

Customer Question

I was a defendant in a a civil case. My employer got an airline ticket for me, non-refundable, and fired me before I had a chance to go on the business trip for which it was schedule. the Employer cancelled the non-refundable ticket. SWA put a credit for the amount of the ticket in my account. I went on the trip anyway for different reasons using that credit. I filed suit against the employer fsilure to pay me my last month. Employr filed Counter Claim saayin among other thins, I had misaapropriated funds. Amazing the judge, a pro tem found for them on this count. help do you know of the az stautute for misappropriation of funds or the elements in az?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Was this ticket paid for by you?
If not, I am unclear as to what entitled you to use a ticket purchased by the company for your personal travel? Do you have anything in writing from the company authorizing the use of the ticket for non company purposes?
Thank you.