socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I walked in free Attorney consultation to inquire on

Customer Question

I walked in for a free Attorney consultation to inquire on more information regarding Chp 7 and Chp 13 bankruptcy. However, my husband was working and could not be present during the initial consultation. I pad them a down payment of $444.00 and clearly informed them my husband was working and I was just obtaining information or our options so we could discuss and we would get back with them when my husband could come in..... Since then they have not returned any phone call for us to both come in. It has been over 70 days. I finally went in there and they said they closed our case and the money we paid $444 was spent on running credit reports and sending emails to me. I did not receive any emails and on top of that "My husband was not present to show valid ID, Sign or Authorize his credit to be pulled but they pulled it anyway and charged us for this and refuse to return any money and we have received no services. Can they do this? Can they also pull his report without proof of identity or his authorization?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What is the attorney's name?
An attorney is not permitted to charge unreasonable fees. Fees charged for doing nothing is unreasonable.
I believe you may have complained to the wrong government agency. Complaints about attorney conduct can be made to:
Arkansas Supreme Court Committee on Professional Conduct *****
Little Rock, AR 72201
Ph.(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####
I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using justanswer.com!