LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I reside in a condominium which I own.a I am disabled and

Customer Question

I reside in a condominium which I own.a I am disabled and use a wheelchair. All homeowners are encouraged to attend Board and Annual meetings. These meetings are always held in an inaccessible room.
What ADA Regulations apply to such discrimination, and who can I contact for help to end this discrimination. What documentation can I use to change the situation?
Thank you
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Your HOA is legally required to make accommodations for disabled owners and their failure to do so is a violation of the law.
Failure to meet ADA standards can result in fines and lawsuits. You should consider contacting the Department of Justice which enforces the law:(###) ###-####(voice);(###) ###-####(TTY).
Here is a link to filing a complaint with the DOJ: http://www.ada.gov/filing_complaint.htm
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug