Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have discovered my wife of thirty years has been in an affair.

Customer Question

I have discovered my wife of thirty years has been in an affair. I am in the home, she has left temporarily. I am unsure what I need to urgently do to protect my rights and interests
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. An immediate course of action would be to file for divorce based on adultery.....and also seek a restraining order to keep her away from you.....and to also keep her out of the house.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Going ahead and filing now helps you maintain that you didn't reconcile/forgive her for the adultery....which could be alleged if you wait to file, let her move back home, etc.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
I received your request for a phone call....but I can't take one at the moment....I'm actually in an airplane traveling across the country.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
But, if you have any other questions or need anything further, please let me know. Thanks.