Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

If owner of condo-apartment rented s apt.with

Customer Question

If owner of condo-apartment rented his apt.with applicatoon,with all fees from application without board.Can board takes penalty fee from owner,because tenant did not went through the board ?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
The board would only be entitled to a penalty if the bylaws or rules and regulations of the condominium required any owner who wanted to rent to go through the board. This is because the board is allowed to place reasonable restrictions on rentals, and a person who buys a condo agrees to abide by the rules and regulations.
Without something in the bylaws or rules that gives the board a right to weigh in on the rental process or collect a fee from the renting owner, they would have no ability to collect any sort of penalty fee. In that scenario, the owner did nothing wrong.
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If dogs registrated in NY city & owner of dog paid to the city every year $35, board of condo can take money for registration of dogs every months $25 ? Or this is illigal ?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
That also depends on what the bylaws and rules and regulations say. The condominium documents rule - the board can do anything the documents give them the power to do.