Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Can i fire an employee that has work in the

Customer Question

Can i fire an employee that has work for me for years in the union and dhe get caught and sentened for saling weed
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
If I may ask, is this a union employee at this time, or does this person work for you directly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She works for the union at my store
Hi, If she works through the union you'd need to review the employee handbook rules to see what steps you need to take to pursue termination. Some may require a process first, such as contacting the union, and some do not. But you need to first become familiar with the steps, then contact the union representative to see if they will challenge or object to the firing (you can provide them with details), and then seek a termination. Sincerely, ***** *****