Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had a chance in 2009 o take action against someone

Customer Question

I had a chance in 2009 o take action against someone for transmitting a fatal disease to me, The person know they were carrying the disease and lied about it 3 times. I tape recorded a conversation of him admitting his guilt. Evidence was astoundngly in my favor.
Unfortunately, I suffered a coma, had brain surgery with an extensive rehab term afterwards. Although, my law suit made it to litigation, I was not able to follow through. Only now do I feel that I am beginning to get my witz back. I have a 2 parted question. I was living in Utah in 2009 when the surgery transpired. I did my rehab where I had family in Texas. The person that infected my has since moved on. Is it illegal to send him occasional texts to let him know that the matter is not taken care and needs to be resolved. And at this point, can I still proceed with the lawsuit?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.It's not illegal to send them texts occasionally unless they have asked you not to do so.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
As to litigation, you state that "my lawsuit made it to litigation". What happened with it?