CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

My girlfriend says she is going to report purchases made on

Customer Question

My girlfriend says she is going to report purchases made on her card, that she authorized me to use, as fraud if we split up because she says that if she gets screwed by me she's gonna screw me! How do I protect myself from this happening?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do proactively to stop her from making a police report.However, the police are highly unlikely to get involved in this type of dispute - at worst, this is going to be a civil matter, your girlfriend may claim that you were supposed to reimburse her for the purchases, and therefore you are in 'breach of contract' to her, but this would require her to file a civil suit (usually in small claims). But this is not a criminal matter - the fact that she gave you permission to use the card means that this is not criminal fraud.