Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I speak at the local City Commission meetings in Tallahassee,

Customer Question

I speak at the local City Commission meetings in Tallahassee, Fl. The things I speak about are things they don't want to here, because it is about wrong things they have said or done themselves. Last year they installed a "kill switch" to shut me down, as stated by one of the Commissioners. Recently, the Mayor interrupted me, during my allowed three minutes, to tell me what I can't say. I have never been disrespectful nor have I ever attacked the Commission. However, they have accused me of everything.
A group of 1st Amendment advocates came to a meeting and warned them that they were in violation of speakers' right to free speech. The Commission refuses to listen to the advocates advise.
I would like to know what recourse do I have against the Commission and where may I find help? I can be reached at:(###) ###-#### ***** for your help.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
Can you please tell me what kind of issues you bring up at the meeting(s)?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.