Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My husband was a truck driver years when he needed surgery

Customer Question

my husband was a truck driver for 30 years when he needed surgery he was having trouble
breathing,the weight clinic in harrisburg put in the lap band he weighed 370 lbs. they removed all his excess fat he was down to 190 lbs.6 yrs later the lap band slipped and
they fixed that 4 months later it slipped and rapped around his asougis and almost didn,t
make it,they took it out, that was a year ago he is up to 270 and he is having trouble
breathing he is stretch as far as it will stretch and it is compressing his lungs, In march
Dr, DiMarco wanted to do the sleeve surgery but my insurance would only pay for one
biatric surgery in one person lifetime, So we got him on SSI A & B and a backup ins.
Harrisburg keeps putting my husband off saying he's still on my insurance,I have faxed
everthing I have stating he is clear and has his own since 6/1/15. Monday morning I came
home from work and had to take him to Lanc emergency he could hardly get his breath
I brought him home 7/1/15 , His pulmonary dr. his family dr. say it has to be done,Now all his friends all telling him to contact a lawyer,Because it's becoming life or death what do you think? Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Is his trouble stemming from the slipped lap band?