Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

We would like to incorporate a legal statement to cover us

Customer Question

We would like to incorporate a legal statement to cover us that states:
Any tiles found to be incorrectly installed or improperly repaired will have to be replaced by contractor at no charge. That includes any gaps at transitions, including but not limited to, valleys, rakes, ridge caps, larger than 1/2 inch. "
The contractor doesn't let us incorporate this and ask that we sign off and approve each section of the work and we are not comfortable with this. We made it clear that we are not comfortable and we are not licensed nor trained.
We feel like we are being forced to do this
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
The warranty would cover any material defects and installation issues. You can sign off that the work was done, but not as to evaluating the quality of the work.
Nothing can stop you from bringing in an inspector after the work is done and then making a claim under the warranty if the inspection discloses covered issues.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.