Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I'm trying to self represent in ct docket # *****

Customer Question

I'm trying to self represent in ct docket # ***** I have a date on the short calendar. can you view this case give me any advice on what I need to do next.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What are you on the short calendar for, the last entry on this case on the docket is that it was voluntarily dismissed by Peter on March 25, 2015?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is a link to the case.
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/CaseDetail/PublicCaseDetail.aspx?DocketNo=HHDCV156057663S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am Defendant Cistulli
Thank you for your reply
So you need to explain to the court a good reason why you deserve the money in the case. You also need to present proof that the policy is your money and that you should collect.
You need to show the court the evidence as to why the money belongs to you.
But you need to ask us some specific questions if you want to know more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a date on the short calendar. do I need to be at the court on that date and what is going to happen there.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, you need to be there and you need to argue that you did plead and that you are entitled to the funds that they are seeking to deny giving you and get the court to agree.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for helping me with this. here is another link to the short calendar schedule.http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/Calendars/SCByLocDetail.aspx?ccid=69541If you go down about 2/3 of the way it shows my case on the schedule.
JACKSON NATIONAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY v. CISTUL*****, *****A Et Al
9:30 AM - NA 105.00 MOT FOR DEFAULT-PLEADINGdoes this mean that I'm going to court so they can try to find me in default?
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, they are going to try to find you in default for not responding and you need to go to court to present evidence to the court as to why you should not be in default.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if they find me in default what happens. I did file the "statement of claim" after the motion for default.
Thank you for your reply.
If they find you in default, you would lose the case and that would be the end of it unless you file an appeal. So you need to argue that default is not proper and as a pro se party you are not familiar with the law so you did not know what to do which is why you filed a statement of claim late and ask the court to deny the default and give you time to get an attorney to represent you.