Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a Judgment against me, in palm beach county. no drivers

Customer Question

I have a Judgment against me, in palm beach county. no drivers license, it will be 10yrs in December this year
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
What is your legal question for me about the situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was reading on line about florida statutes and this Judgment that I have could be or it come invalid pretty soon. I need help to get rid of it.
Thank you for your follow up.
Unfortunately, once the judgment expires, it can be easily renewed by the judgment creditor for another 10 years and generally the best way to resolve a judgment, is to negotiate a settlement with the judgment creditor.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not necessarly they have about a yr, 6 mo before and after and then it becomes invalid
Thank you for your follow up.
That is correct, but unfortunately, most judgment creditors do renew the original judgment, however if they do not renew it timely, then the judgment would not longer be valid.
I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it also depends on how they file, if it was personal its only 5yrs I dont know about the law to continue the process
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how could I get it invalidated cuz if they file personally it may be invalid all ready
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This one might not its an alllstate case
Thank you for your follow up.
I think we might not be communicating properly here.
Is this a Florida judgment or a judgment lien that you are questioning?
Was the judgment issued by the Florida court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes in palm beach county case id ca006819xxxxmb
Thank you for your follow up.
Unfortunately, I am not permitted to review actual court cases for JustAnswer.com customers, so I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you and will open your question to other JustAnswer.com legal professionals.
I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok sorry for having wasted your time, goodnite
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a different contributor.
I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
First, before we can answer you need to tell us why you have the judgment against you and who obtained the judgment against you so we know enough details to assist you on this matter with the information you are seeking. Thank you for understanding that.