Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

There is a website that is called arrestlistings.com that has

Customer Question

There is a website that is called arrestlistings.com that has my husband listed on it. He was never arrested and it was a minor traffic violation. But when looking at the website it list my husbands name address and birthdate a picture of our house in hour neighborhood labeled as "Offender lives here. It seems very accusatory snd dlsnderous of my husbands name. They have small diclaimer at the bottom of site, this is if anyone else would ever get to the bottom of this site. Like my husband is a criminal. How can we defend our selves and shut this site down.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.There are several of these websites that engage in this conduct. They falsely claim that they are doing some sort of public service, but they really are profiteering by charging people to remove the information.There have been some attempts in class action suits to shut them down by suing them for extortion. You may have some success pursuing such an avenue with private counsel. Often a demand letter from an attorney will cause the website to pull the data pertaining to your husband. This link may be helpful to you in finding an attorney:http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/extortion-lawyers.htmlHere are some references that may be useful to you:http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/are-mug-shot-websites-legal.htmlhttp://scholarship.law.ufl.edu/flr/vol66/iss2/8/I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you. If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck, Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.