Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

Is it legal to bury a pool In Ohio without removing it and

Customer Question

Is it legal to bury a pool In Ohio without removing it and the sell the property
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

While it may not be illegal to drain and bury the pool, it is not a good idea. First, the fact that there is a buried pool in the backyard is something you will need to disclose, which may scare off buyers. You have to assume that they will know there was once a pool, as even minimal research will determine that. Second, if you bury a pool, rain water will have no way to escape the pool and you will end up with a mud pit in the backyard. There is a decommission process you must follow, which will include removing the concrete or liner (depending on what type you have).

I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.