Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have a 56 year old daughter that had herrena surgery Aug

Customer Question

I have a 56 year old daughter that had herrena surgery Aug 18th 2014. Four day s later she hemeraged and back to the hospital where her surgan cut her open in her stomach and side to clean her out. full of feces and blood. The word is he knicked the colan. As of today she is in a nursing home because her medicare ran out and now on Medicaid. Her surgan said she has to heal up before he can do anything. She has a colostomy bag stuck to her stomach to collect the fluid that she changes every 2 to 3 days. The 2 holes in her side have healed and the stomach hole has gotten smaller. She has been in 4 rest homes and the hospital and is still leaking to this day. we want to persue this but don't know where to start. We have keep notes about the care she has had , staff and doctors.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. The main place to start with this would be by finding a local attorney in your area that is wiling to take the case. You can visit www.martindale.com and search for a medical malpractice attorney in your area to help. If you can find an attorney to assist, then you and your daughter should gather her medical records and have them for the lawyer at your first meeting. Usually, the lawyer will turn the medical records over to an expert witness (doctor) to review and give an opinion as to whether you have a case. Generally, in a negligence case, the standard is whether the medical provider fell below the applicable standard of care....which is what a reasonably prudent doctor in the same situation would have done. Obviously, in this case, if the colon was hit during the surgery, then that was an unintended result and could be grounds to sustain a claim against the medical provider for damages. However, the first step is to get an attorney to help....and then get in touch with an expert witness/doctor to asses the claim. Once that occurs, you can proceed with filing suit.
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/law/9699q-56-year-old-daughter-herrena-surgery-aug.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.