Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Can you file a lawsuit against someone spamming

Customer Question

Can you file a lawsuit against someone for repeatedly spamming you after you've asked them to stop and also filed a police report, having informed them of same via phone and email, and yet I have received 6,000 since then, sometimes upwards of 10 to 20 per day?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and thank you kindly for requesting me to assist you with your concerns.
Yes, you can. This is a very extreme example of harassment, and one that you can absolutely sue them for. If this is a commercial entity you may also have grounds to sue for additional damages as well, and if this is a person, you can seek damages also based on injury and actions caused by you over this persistent and knowingly annoying and unwanted communication. I can also see a basis for a restraining order which I hope that you consider filing for and receive under the circumstances.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.