LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I received a citation on 12/22/14, that would be detrimental

Customer Question

I received a citation on 12/22/14, that would be detrimental to gaining employment. I hate to poke the bear, but is there a possibility charges would be dismissed for non timeliness?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, it is possible. If the statute of limitations has run, you would have a legal defense to raise to get the case dismissed with prejudice, so the State of Texas could not come back and refile. However, if the citation was issued and is still pending, you can not necessarily get the actual ticket destroyed. Once the citation was issued, the State has a period of time to file. If and when they do, if the time has passed, you can then file the motion to dismiss.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back with me. Let me expand on my question. If a potential employer was to check my driving record, as an outcome has NOT been reached, will this show up on my driving record/background check? I retained a lawyer in January to appear on my behalf at the February hearing, however the charges were not filed and therefore not on the docket. Can you see if it appears on my driving record today? TX DL 39210482 James David Reynolds.THIS would be a huge relief just knowing. Then based off of that I can contact my attorney and decide if I should poke the bear to try and drop charges.
I am not able to pull your driving record. However, you can either go to the court house and pull a copy for a low cost fee or use a 3rd party site online. If this was never filed and resolved, it should not appear on your driving record.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!