Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I was assaulted by a midland county constable while he was

Customer Question

I was assaulted by a midland county constable while he was in uniform. The entire incident was caught on my apartment's security camera. I did nothing to provoke this attack. Can I sue midland county for his actions?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Yes, you can sue the county for the actions of the constable under several grounds, including the excessive use of force and deprivation of rights under 42 USC 1983 (deprivation of civil rights), and possibly others depending on the facts of your case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The assault took place on August of 2014. Is it to late to file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Generally, a notice of claim under the tort claims act must be made within 6 months of the incident. Here's a good link: http://www.joneslawyers.com/governmental-tort-liability-governmental-immunity-texas/
Here's another good link: http://kylelawfirm.com/texas-personal-injury-laws-part-1-limitations-and-caps/