Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was unlawfully imprisoned in a hospital despite my repeasted assertions that I knew thei

Customer Question

I was unlawfully imprisoned in a hospital despite my repeasted assertions that I knew their basis for holding me there was illegal. There is a lot of evidence because several people were called, all of whom had the sense to urge me to stay without threatenening me. I was threatened with arrest and loss of job if I left. Fortunately I knew the law and I left. Needless to say, there was no arrest or loss of job. I am interested in suing these practitioners because of the trauma they caused to me and to prevent them from ruining the lives of others through false imprisonment.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I understand your background information but do not understand your specific question. What is it you're attempting to understand? Are you asking the process to file a lawsuit?