How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A girl owes me $500.00 daughters wedding and will not

Customer Question

a girl owes me $500.00 for my daughters wedding and will not pay me. What are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Please tell me
1 - What state?
2 - Is she over age 18? What did you contact her parent?
3 - What is the money owed for - what type of service?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NJ. She is 18. I hoped her mother could help me to pay me. The money was for the dress,shoes,hair and bridal shower.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you. i suggest you need to suit her. This can be done in small claims court without the assistance of a local attorney.i suggest you begin with a letter of demand. state that she has 5 days from receipt of the letter to repay you in full or you will have no other option but to file the small claims suit. State that if the debt is not paid in that time, and you must bring the matter to court, you will request she pay your legal fees associated with the suit. It might cost you $80 to #150 to file. you can get the forms and the cost of filing from the clerk of the court in the county where she lives.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Mail the letter certified with a return receipt requested so you can show the court you tried to settle this out of court.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Good morning.You're welcome. Thanking you in advance for a positive rating. And Good Luck.

Related Legal Questions