Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I've decided to stay in my current position and I'll be very

Customer Question

I've decided to stay in my current position and I'll be very careful to ensure I document date and times of incidents that happen. I'm afraid of retaliation from my manager and she make matters worse for me. They requested my decision, stay or go by Monday
6/29. Shall I put that in writing? Do you think it's a good idea that whenever I have to meet with my manager that also invite my director into the conversation?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and thank you kindly for requesting me to assist you again.Placing it in writing does provide some protection. And if they do retaliate, that is frankly a positive since that will create a basis for escalating to HR, and then to the EEOC by claiming 'hostile work environment' and retaliation against you without cause. As far as meeting with both together, that is up to you...I would suggest that you communicate formally in writing whenever you can, and CC her superior instead.Sincerely,Dimitry, Esq.
Please let me know if I can clarify anything else. I will be stepping away for a bit but I will return later on and will respond should you have more concerns. Otherwise, if satisfied, kindly do not forget to positively rate. Thank you! Sincerely, ***** *****