Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am trying to understand the controversy surrounding the

Customer Question

I am trying to understand the controversy surrounding the RFRA. I saw on the news that Mr. Curry stated that the RFRA was ill advised and unnecessary. I have a copy of a letter dated February 3, 2015 to members of the Indiana Senate Judiciary Committee from sixteen law professors, where they did an extensive analysis of the law and wrote in support of the law. Following their analysis, they stated " For all of these reasons, we urge you to approve the proposed Indiana RFRA". Is Mr Curry aware of that letter? If so, does he have a legal analysis showing why this was ill advise? I would be interested in seeing that analysis, or the reason that he felt that it was ill advised.
In their letter, the professors also state: " The most common charge opponents make against RFRA is that it is a "license to discriminate". It is no such thing".
I am curious as to Mr Curry's specific objections to the RFRA so that I can better understand this controversy.
John XXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX