Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

Aggravated stalking by way of social media. how can they prove

Customer Question

Aggravated stalking by way of social media. how can they prove who did it
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Law enforcement has the ability to subpoena information from the social networks to determine who owns a particular account. They can also see IP address information and trace it that way. They can talk to the victim to determine who, if anyone, has a motive for saying the things that are being said and interview that person. If they have a good idea who's doing it, they can seize their computer or cell phone to search the history and deleted files. They'll talk to other people who know the individuals involved and see if anyone has any information. What they're looking to do is build a wall of evidence, and that means getting a bunch of things that tend to suggest who did it and putting them together.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.