Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

How can I get a judgement amount reduced to just the base judgement

Customer Question

How can I get a judgement amount reduced to just the base judgement amount, minus fees, interest, etc. As well stop the income execution?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.If the court awarded the amount at issue, the fees, interest, etc., then the plaintiff is entitled to collect all of it.......and the only way to stop that from happening would be to go to the plaintiff and see if it will settle for a lesser amount to resolve the debt OR simply file bankruptcy and have the debt discharged.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Also, the garnishment/income execution would continue as well until the debt is paid, settled - - - or unless bankruptcy is filed.