Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Grounds sales contract. if a broker surreptitiously cons the s

Customer Question

grounds for cancelling sales contract. For example if a broker surreptitiously cons the seller to immediately accept an (undisclosed) friend's offer for a private property.
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Based on the information that you have shared with me, you have fraud and misrepresentation as legal grounds to cancel the contract. To have a valid, legally binding contract, two or more parties must have an offer, acceptance of the offer and consideration (normally money exchanged for goods or services). If the offer was fraudulent or was misrepresented to the acceptor, then the contract is null and void. In this case, the broker conned the seller. The broker bears responsibility to both parties - as the case may be here, from a legal perspective. Let me know if you have any other questions. Please rate my answer positively as well. Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any other questions or comments? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!