Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Another expert answered a different but related question.

Customer Question

Another expert answered a different but related question. Essentially, she said a judge would likely rule in her favor and either have her pay rent or award her the property by having her pay the current price for the square footage. Do you have any comments
on this opinion for a San Francisco court? And if I may, how do I go about legally getting her to pay rent?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I apologize for the delay in responding, I have been away on a client matter.
If she is encroaching on your property, the court will have a choice. First choice is is they will make her move off the property, as long as it can be done without major expense and damage. The second choice is the court can make her pay you for encroach on your property.