P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I used to photograph weddings on the side. Seven years

Customer Question

Hello. I used to photograph weddings on the side. Seven years ago I photographed a wedding for a client. There package included a wedding album and a CD. I tried reaching out to them several times to choose their images for the album and never got a response.I mailed the CDs after the wedding. About two years ago, I got a call from the client asking about the album. I told her to make her selections and I would get started. Again, no response. Now today, seven years after the wedding, she calls me and says that she never heard back from me and never got her images. Her gallery is now down (it's been seven years) and she's demanding that I get her another CD or she's going to contact a lawyer. It sounds like she doesn't have her contract anymore. Does she have a case? Should I be worried?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details. Can you tell me, please, which state did this happen in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Missouri
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you; can you tell me, did you have a written agreement for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had a written contract, but I don't have a copy anymore and I'm pretty sure they don't either.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The statue of limitations for a written contract in Missouri is 10 years. If they can produce the contract, they can sue you and require you to provide the product they paid for. That said, they have the burden of proof...they have to produce the contract. If they cannot? It is too late for them to sue. Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. A gentle reminder, please rate the answer as it is the only way I receive credit.