John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

Can a person receiving regular Social Security now switch to

Customer Question

Can a person receiving regular Social Security now switch to Social Security Disability at age 64?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

No, unfortunately once you apply for and are granted SS retirement, you can no longer receive SS disability regardless of age. You may however, be able to get SS supplementary income.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.