Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

Yes i have a question

Customer Question

Hello yes i have a question
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from the information or assistance that I provide.
Can you please give us more background information so we can better assist you?
What State are you located in and asking about?
Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello yes Im a real estate agent.

My "client" has a lien/judgment for an HOA in California and now the court websites says Status "disposed: and the attorney for the creditor filed

1100//1111//22001111 ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF PARTIAL SATISFACTION OF JUDGMENT FILED +

Does this mean my client is not liable for the debt anymore and that the case is closed?

additionally my client filed for bankruptcy 7 , surrender that property for which he obtained the HOA lien judgment and at the same time that property was foreclose by the lender (first trustee)

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
The partial satisfaction indicates that only part of the judgment has been satisfied.
However, since the client filed a chapter 7, the debt itself has been discharged to the extent that the HOA dues accrued were ones that accrued BEFORE and up to the date of filing the bankruptcy.
Also, it is important to understand that even if part or all of the debt has been discharged in the bankruptcy, any pre-existing lien will remain and is not affected by the bankruptcy filing. So the property is still subject to the lien even if the client is not on the hook for some or all of the debt.
Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. If you would rather obtain a refund of your deposit, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer.