Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years In General Practice,
68197583

What legal right do I have?Employee of Peoples Warehouse

Customer Question

What legal right do I have?
Employee of Peoples Warehouse gave my belongings to Klamath Treasures. I told him not to sell or give away. He has lied before regarding who has the treadmill which he still has. I did not know so much was left behind. This could become a real scam for others not knowing that certain items were left behind. I have been taken advantage
suffering a loss.
His argument is that my brother faxed him a note saying he should sell. I rescinded that permission saying my brother did not have my power of attorney - this occurred the first week of June.
I called Treasures to learn they may have the canopy bed. Why didn't Treasures keep a log to whom item were sold? If any thing happens I should be able to receive a tax deductions, right.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.
Is this a company located in Oregon? When you gave your belongings to People's Warehouse what was the agreement?
Did People's Warehouse know the power of attorney was revoked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There never was a power of attorney - it did not exist. Peoples Warehouse does exist in Klamath Falls Oregon. The unwritten agreement was that they would paper- wrap kitchen items, all wall prints, and at least six wardrobes and load belongings into a 26ft U-Haul truck. Steve knew the contents of my apartment besides walking from room to room also he had previously moved the contents to the previous apartment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never once did he say "lady you have too much stuff". Even so, he did not have the right to sell or give to charity.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the clarification.
There was never a power of attorney so no one should have been taking any direction from your brother. Is that correct?
You hired this company, Peoples Warehouse, to move your belongings and hold them; instead they gave your belongings to Klamath Treasures and you no longer have access to your personal property. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been wronged !! Why I say it is a "scam" is how easy it would be for employees of a moving company to load
up front (in my case, 30 boxes books) waiting for the prize at then when there is no more space available. Also I find it suspicious that the Steve Carrier who managed the write-up and first day, did not appear the second day.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
I agree with you. There are several things that you can do aside from hiring an attorney to sue the company. The first is to file a consumer protection complaint with the Attorney General in Oregon. The Attorney General is the top law enforcement official in the State and investigates and prosecutes consumer scams and fraud
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
This is the link to file the complaint https://justice.oregon.gov/consumercomplaints/OnlineComplaints/OnlineComplaintForm/en
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) also takes complaints and is tasked at the Federal level for protecting consumers
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
You can also file a better business bureau complaint at http://www.bbb.org/alaskaoregonwesternwashington/business-reviews/movers/people-s-warehouse-inc-in-klamath-falls-or-55001000/
This company is licensed with the State. Their business registration number is *****
You can file a complaint against them with the Oregon Secretary of State at http://sos.oregon.gov/business/Pages/business-consumer-complaints.aspx
Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter.
If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.
Thank you for using JA!
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to file a complaint and get any satisfaction?
I hope the information I provided was helpful. Please let me know what happened.
Thank you for using JA!