Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

What law if any governs the firing of high power rifles near

Customer Question

What law if any governs the firing of high power rifles near private residence surrounded by state land
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for bringing your question to JustAnswer. I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask is that you leave a positive rating. It will NOT cost you anything, but it is the only way that JustAnswer gives the Expertss credit for assisting customers, Fair enough? Do you have a license for the high powered rifle ? How far is the private residence from the state land ? Thank you and I look forward to your reply, ANDREA
In the State of Hawaii, the gun laws and all information on firearms can be found in section 134 of the Hawaii Revised Statutes. High power rifles cannot be fired in any area that is designated "Residential". As for State lands, there must be signs posted that high power rifles are permitted to be fired. There is no map available, otherwise I would have directed you to it. Assuming that you hold the proper permits, your best bet and to remain in compliance with all Hawaii's gun laws, is to call the area in which you plan to use the rifle and ask if it is permitted. Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you, Kindest Regards, ANDREA