Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My roommate filed a t r o against me and I fought it and had

Customer Question

my roommate filed a t r o against me and I fought it and had it dismissed,
she filed another one against me and I have court on Tuesday,
cant I have her charged with falsyfing court documents and perjury and sue her for loss of wages and hotel expenses
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I suggest, you can go to the Magistrate Court Commissioner and file a Statement of Charges. In the statement of charges, you will state what has occurred. The false report being file, the sworn statement under penalties of perjury, etc.
Once you do that, based on the probable cause that you have in your statement of charges, the Magistrate will issue a summons for those criminal charges of false police report and also the perjury.
She will then have to appear in court. You will be represented by the state and the District Attorney will prosecute as they deem appropriate
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is what shes doing constitute harassment and if so can I file for a restraining order against her and get her thrown out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also can I make her pay for my loss of wages and hotel fees.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank youI suggest, it appears to be a continuing course of conduct and if the court dismisses this matter, too, then you can mention to the court that you feel you are being harassed. Request the court to address this behavior and reprimand the party that criminal harassment charges can be filed if she continues.You can then request the court order your legal expenses, including your hotel to attend the proceedings, be paid for in the way of restitution to youHowever, if the court does not do that, then I suggest that you will want to sue her in Small Claims court for those expenses.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloI see you opened a new post while I was typing the answer to your follow up here. Thanks for your patience and I have answered the follow up here.