How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 18856
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was unjustly dismissed.

Customer Question

I was unjustly dismissed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain what you mean by "unjustly?" Did you have a contract of employment stating that you could only be terminated for cause?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eddie Sir,
I hope you know I was railraoded.Just because at first I did not hit it off with my manager (YOUNG EGO TRIP).I can work with anyone, don't have to like them.But my job I think I did as much as any one else could do (I think more).I know its best I am out of there because the child like behavior of some ego person with POWER.They don't care because they do not feel the effects of there actions, I did.Please contact me with any news about Corpus.Best Regards BronsonPLEASE REPLY
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not really sure what your question is here. Being railroaded, while unprofessional, is not illegal in our country. It is only an issue if you had an employment contract stating that you could only be terminated for cause or if you can prove that the basis for your termination was race, religion, gender, age, disability or FMLA use. Now, while an ego trip by a younger manager is not itself illegal, if you can suggest that it was really that person's dislike of older people that resulted in the termination, you could make a complaint to the EEOC in your state.