Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

WHAT PROCEEDURES ARE NECESSARY TO TERMINATE A POWER OF AT

Customer Question

WHAT PROCEEDURES ARE NECESSARY TO TERMINATE A POWER OF ATTORNEY?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.can you tell me what state is involved here, thanks
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
I will get you a revocation document when I have this information, thanks.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi I see you are in Florida here is the revocation form.The person signs it and it is notarized and filed in real property records.Provide copies to any banks or other institutions the grantor has accounts with..
http://www.wakullaclerk.com/docs/RevocationPOA.pdf
This should take care of the problem once filed it terminates the existing POA.
Law for reference
709.04 Power of appointment; effect of release.—Any power of appointment wholly released by a written instrument signed by the donee or donees of such power shall be, in legal effect, completely revoked, and shall not, after such release, be subject to being exercised in any manner whatsoever. Any power of appointment partially released by a written instrument signed by the donee or donees of such power shall be, in legal effect, as to such released part, completely revoked, and shall not after such release be subject to being exercised in any manner whatsoever as to such released part.
JA will mail all of this to you once you rate, thanks again for the chance to help tonight.