Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My apartment and car may have been broken into. It has been

Customer Question

My apartment and car may have been broken into. It has been established that my title (which was in a manilla folder along with my tax documents) is no longer in my possesion.
I purchased a vehicle in Dallas, Texas from a small dealership, end of March 2015. Recieved the titel mid-April 2015, was out of town that week and the following weekend. Plannned to register on that friday (last week of April) when it was discovered on Saturday of the last week of April, that i no longer had the manilla folder. I called and filed a police report. They saw a stack of papers somewhere else in my apartment and told me to check, last week I confirmed beyond a doubt that it is not in my apossesion.
I have been workign with the dealer since at least mid-may about this issue. He referred me to a title specialist. She has abeen out of touch. I've contacted the dealer and he delays and delays. At thsi point my vehicle can not be driven because there is no license plate i can use to drive it, and I am using rentals which is very expensive. This has been going for weeks (sometimes i have training so i haven't been here at home).
I can't keep this up. What solutions do we have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you find a solution, Please allow me to ask a very basic question - Why didn't the dealership help you with this, rather than refer you to a "specialist"? ANDREA
In what State do you reside ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dealer has been helping me as they were first contacting the title specialist on their own. But she is unresponsive. They latter gave me this title specialist contact info and she has been unresponsive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in Louisiana.
The car was bought in Dallas, Texas from a small dealership.
THe dealership bought the car from an auction, of which the car was from Arizona (the last owner).
Where is the car now, Louisiana or Texas ? If it is with you in Louisiana, how did you drive it from Texas to Louisiana ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have a 60 day temporary license plate.
Did you receive the offer of "Additional Services" ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but I cannot afford to pay a total of 39+60 =99, when I will probably need more follow up and representation. .. is it 60 total or is it 99 that I will be charged? This is my first time on this website.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there no further response?
JustAnswer does not permit us to discuss prices with customers. We are told to tell the customer to contact"Customer Service" with questions on costs