Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I'm trying to help find a lawyer /text harassment. I've

Customer Question

I'm trying to help find a lawyer for phone/text harassment.
I've already filed a police report.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
If you have filed a police report and are looking to have this person prosecuted for his or her offenses against you, you do not need a lawyer. The prosecutor's office will pick this up and represent your legal interests. You would just have to let the police know you want a criminal protective order and charges pressed.
Otherwise, if you are looking for a civil protective order, you would want a civil trial lawyer in general practice who can be with you in the hearing.
We cannot refer you directly to a lawyer or a law firm as it's against the terms of service on this site. What we can do is to direct you to the same services that lawyers themselves use when they need to find a lawyer in a particular field or state and don't know of one. One such source would be the North Carolina Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge around $50 for the referral and their fee includes a free half hour appointment with a lawyer.
http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=OH
To get still a wider range of possibilities, you can also check out a commercial lawyer referral service. There are many of them, but one that has been around a long time and which is highly regarded is Martindale.com. Many of Martindale's lawyers are peer and client rated, which you might find helpful to narrow down your choices.
Best of luck.