Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I had someone list my house on real estate websites such as

Customer Question

I had someone list my house on real estate websites such as zillow and trulia for sale for about half the value staying owners were in foreclosure and filling for bankruptcy and had fallen upon hardtimes and just needed to get out from under mortgage. Problem was our house was not for sale and we are not in foreclosure out bankruptcy and having any money issues our hard times. This guy immediately had over 1000 his within 24 hours and I had people knocking on our door, leaving notes calling our home phone and taking down our cell numbers to call to get this "great deal". I found out who he was. He used a cake name on zeolite but was able to figure out from another web site who he was. I called and left a scathing message to take stuff down immediately our I was going to site the call our off him for defamation of character etc. He called back immediately apologizing. Said he was under extreme pressure and stress and under 100 0/0 commission and was just trying to find a creative way to drum up leads and didn't mean to harm us. Said he chose life house randomly. But he has jammed me. We live :/ a small town and I am sure the words that we were having money problems etc stress like wild fire. Non of which was ever true. Now I worry that when I go to the sitre people are whispering behind my back. What should I do? I want to forgive him and not ruin his career over maybe a one time stupid decision but I will have to worry about this for twenty years to come. If he would have just listed it at less it would be one thing, but he totally ruined my reputation without a thought.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel like his firm should be accountable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't tattoos have to take an oath. What if he had done this to an old person or if he does this routinely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't tell you the embarrassment he has caused us.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if I should hire a lawyer or not.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.While I cannot comment on this specific situation, generally, unless it can be shown by clear evidence that the wrongful action by this realtor had caused direct financial damages to the owners of the house, generally the only recourse would be to report the realtor and his broker to the state Real Estate Commission and the agency will investigate the report and will take proper disciplinary action, upon the conclusion of their investigation.Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions. I wish you the best of luck!
Do you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Do you have any related follow up questions for me?