Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I as a respondent in a permanent restraining order issued in

Customer Question

i as a respondent in a permanent restraining order issued in 2011 against whom a person i was charged criminally and was sent to prison. In prison i filed a motion to dismiss twice and was ultimately denied both times. I filed once more, establishing a major change in circumstance and the court recieved the motion over 15 months ago and there has been no change, as it is just showing that the case has been reopened. I am no longer incarcerated and have not been for several months. Even though it still says that the case is reopened i did not then and have not now been contacted for a hearing in which i am entitled to. How long does the judge have to respond to this? this happened in the state of florida, of which i am no longer a resident
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a motion i can file based on the presumption that they are just ignoring the motion and not following proper legal procedure
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. You need to be sure the others parties have been served with your Petition to have the RO Vacated. That means, that State's Attorney in your case. Check with the court and see if there has been a response. If no response, I suggest you file a Motion For Hearing on the matter. The clerk may have that as a form. If there is a response, tell the clerk you never received it and get a copy. You will still need to file for a hearing on the matter, but if there is a response and you read it, then you'll know what you're up against, if the prosecutor is opposing your request.Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you