Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

The officer responded to my car due to my car was park at my

Customer Question

the officer responded to my car due to my car was park at my apt building and a driver hit and run. the officer said my car was illegally parked so he had it towed. there was no signs or no parking signs. after three days I called to supervisor to report the car wasn't not parked illegally. couple days later the capt called and state I was right and the city will pay to get my out of the inpound. I suffer mental stress due to my car is in the towing lot 10miles away. I have noway to get the car and I would have to pay for tow.......I suffer lost of use of my car for one week and counting....also mental stress.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. I am glad to hear they will pay for the impound fee. Have you requested they take you to pick up your car?I suggest you do that. Unfortunately, if you are looking to sue, I suggest you have a basis only if you can prove that the only reason your car was towed illegally was to intentionally cause you mental anguish. Otherwise, I suggest, a court will view it as an error.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you