Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

This the complaint I sent to taco bell.I am the father of

Customer Question

This the complaint I sent to taco bell.
I am the father of a young man that applied for a job at this store. ( 390 N Union Colorado Springs, Co 80909) He was contacted 2 days after submitting his application.
While at the in person interview, it was explained to him that the manager required all male employees to have military style hair cuts, "Was he willing to get his hair cut." No, sorry I can not"
This answer is what denied him getting the job. The phrase I can NOT would have, should have caught the attention of the Taco Bell manager doing the interview.
"Why, not" would have been my next question.
"It's against my religion to cut my hair." It is a belief that I hold deep in my heart, and I do not hold my children to my beliefs. I encourage them to learn and form there own opinions and beliefs. I am blessed in the fact that my son and daughter both have similar faith in God.
This happened about 90 days ago. I was told of this on 5/28, my sons did not tell me this for several reason. After talking with him about this for 2 days I convinced him to accompany me to the Taco Bell. where he was denied the job. The manager Misa was very politely listens to my ask why. Why was my son denied a job here.
The nice lady was the same women that did the interview and she remembered my son because of his hair and why. When I explained that cutting of the hair was against our personal religious belief, she apologized for not inquiring why my son was NOT allowed to comply.
When I mention the fact the she and a young female employee both had hair that was long. "Female employees with long hair are required to wear hair nets" Is this option not available to my son.
No, Females only. I them gave the Misa my name and phone number on a piece of paper, requesting the store manager contact me Kanaya ( this is a nick name bucuse she didn't like Corneala a store manager going by a nick name)
I am now home and my phone has not rung. So, now, I ask?
To Whom it my concern at Taco Bell dot com To contact me, contact info above, Was my son denied employment because of his religious belief or the fact that he has a penis and hair net are unviable, vagina required.
Religious discrimination or Sexism, which is it.
In closing I would like to apologize for the use of graphic language at the end, but the question has to be asked and answered.
P.S. To the manager of the store 26777. If you had called me I would not have had to do this. I hope this will a lessoned learned.
P.S. P.S. The coments in the ( ) where not on the orignal complaint. Following some research. I called and ask for the names and got it along with store #
I have since call the 1-800 #, they directed me to the web site.
Becky and the Taco Bell staff refused to listen and told me quote " As far as I'm concerned this matter is closed.
As I man I have delt with the same issue and to this day still have long hair... But when they did it to my son (notice the dates), I am his father and am willing to go all they way for my children and kids... Is this a case that,crap IDK how to say it the right way, was my son violated... Thank You..
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard Here is a link to your case in point.A Nazirite whose religion prohibits him from cutting his hair was terminated from Taco Bell. The employer lost the lawsuit because this was a case of religious discrimination. Companies are required to make accommodations for people's religious beliefs as long as they are "reasonable." What does reasonable mean? Well, in thiscase, it's reasonable for Taco Bell to allow him to have long hair, as long as it's pulled back and stays out of the food (ie a hairnet as you pointed out). What is unreasonable? In terms of hair, if the Plaintiff had said his religion forbid him to cut, wash or control his hair in any manner and that meant long hairs kept landing in the burritos, that would be unreasonable. Taco Bell could have terminated or in your case not hired him in that case. I suggest that you consider filing with the EEOC a complaint based on religious discrimination at this link Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time. ​Thank you