CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

How can I find a civil probono attorney as to field

Customer Question

How can I find a civil probono attorney as to field a lawsuit for discrimination and conspiracy of character against the executive management where I live, as it is a senior project in xxxxxxxxxxxxxx at .
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
Finding attorneys willing to work on matters "pro bono" is always a difficult task (it is very expensive to provide legal services, so the pool of resources available to provide these services for free is somewhat small).
To make your case appealing, try to show how your matter has a far reaching impact for other citizens in the state (most attorneys working on pro bono matters are trying to make an impact on case law at an appellate or supreme court level (changing case law to have a policy level effect). Also try to show that your case has merit that can have an effect on others (again, are there other similarly situated plaintiffs out there that will benefit from having a positive outcome in your case). Remember, you are marketing your case to these attorneys, so keep these types of issues in mind when contacting firms.
Law schools are a good place to start (most law schools have law clinics supervised by professors (practicing lawyers) and staffed by students (second and third year law students) who can work on these kinds of cases without requiring compensation). Certain policy driven law firms will also have a small pro bono department as well, particularly when that benefits there general business model.
You can also contact your county bar association and ask for local referrals (this is probably the best way to get in touch with the widest number of local attorneys willing to accept or consider pro bono work).
You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).